Displaying items by tag: fiqh
Sindhi translation added.
Zubdat-ul-Fiqh (Urdu) is one of the best books to learn Hanafi Fiqh. It is a summarized version of Umdat-ul-Fiqh which contains details and proofs as well. It is written in Urdu by Sayyid Zawwar Hussain Shah Naqshbandi Hanafi (1911-1980).
Iyaa Kalimatullah (اعیاء کلمۃ اللہ فی بیان ما اھل لغیر اللہ)
by Hazrat Pir Meher Ali Shah Golravi (d. 1937)
This is a book describing the Fiqh and disputed matters regarding the Zabiha of animals for Awliya-Allah, which is considerely completely Haram by some and completely Halal by others. Pir Meher Ali Shah describes the matter in full detail according to the Ahl al-Sunnah point of view.
Al-Hidayah Fi Sharh Bidayat Al-Mubtadi الهداية شرح بداية المبتدي
By Burhan Uddin al-Farghani al-Marghinani (d. 593 A.H.)
A comprehensive and detailed book about the Hanafi Fiqh. It is widely used as a text book in the Hanafi Islamic Law in the traditional Islamic schools. This is one of the earliest works on Hanafi Fiqh.
Shaykh al-Islam, Muhaddith and Hafiz, Abu al-Hasan Burhan al-Din 'Ali b. Abi Bakr b. 'Abd al Jalal al-Farghani, al-Marghinani, the great Hanafi jurist, was born at Marghian in the vicinity of Farghana in 530/1135 (in Present Day Uzbekistan) He died in 593/1197. He studied with Mufti Najm al Din Abu Hafs 'Umar al-Nasafi, his son Abu'l Layth Ahmad b. 'Umar al Nasafi and other eminent teachers, and excelled in Hadith, Tafsir, Fiqh and other studies. His scholarship was recognised and praised by eminent scholars such as Imam Fakhr al-Din Qadi Khan, Zahir al-Din Muhammad b. Ahmad al-Bukhari (the author of al-Fatawa al-Zahiriyyah) and others.
- Download full text in 4 volumes from the attachments. Also available at 4shared.com
- Fath al-Qadir Sharh al-Hidayah by Ibn al-Hamam Hanafi (d. 861 A.H.), published by Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiya, Beirut Lebanon. 10 Volumes Download from archive.org
شرح فتح القدير على الهداية شرح بداية المبتدي
تأليف: الإمام كمال الدين محمد بن عبد الواحد السيواسي ثم السكندري المعروف بـ: ابن الهمام الحنفي المتوفى 861هـ
علق عليه وخرج أحاديثه: عبد الرازق غالب المهدي
طبعة دار الكتب العلمية / بيروت / لبنان
سنة الطبع: 1424هـ / 2003م
- Al-Hidayah Ma' Sharh al-Kifayah, text with commentary by Hakim Abdul Majeed, published in Calcutta India. Download Vol-1 Vol-2 Vol-3 from al-mostafa.com
- Al-Binayah Sharh al-Hidayah 8 volumes by Nasir al-Islam Rampuri, published Beirut 1990. Contains the original text of al-Hidayah with detailed commentary. Download from archive.org
- Translated by Maolana Abu Taher Mechbah. Download Volume 1 from the attachments below.
- The first two volumes have been translated into English by Imran Ahsan Khan Nyazee and are available at online stores.
- It has also been translated in Turkish. Volume 1 is also available in Bengali and will be published here soon.
The Hidayah represents the refined, distilled and authentic version of a legal tradition developed over many centuries. It presents the corpus of Hanafi law in its approved and preferred form and forges an organic link with the other schools of law. There is no book that can match the power of al-Hidayah as a teaching manual. Education in Islamic law is not complete without this book. Accordingly, each and every madrassah, whatever its affiliation, imparts instruction in Islamic law through al-Hidayah. The book was designed by the author in such a way that it makes a vigorous interaction between teacher and student unavoidable. Each sentence presents a challenge both to the teacher and the taught. In this process, the student acquires a deep knowledge of the issues of fiqh and the methods of reasoning employed by Islamic law. The teacher, on his part, has a unique opportunity, while using the book in the class session, to give full expression to his skills and abilities.
The primary reason for its popularity is the reliability of its statements and the soundness of its legal reasoning. Most researche rs and schola rs fi rst consult al-Hidayah before they move to another source. In the area of Muslim pe rsonal law, it has been the major source relied upon by courts in Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. The need for this book, since the day it was written, led to the writing of well over forty commentaries and glosses on it, and this does not include the books written to document its traditions. This is rare not only for Islamic law, but for any field of knowledge.
In comparing the Mukhtasar of al-Quduri, the book in which al-Hidayah is based upon, we note the following differences:
- Al-Quduri has errors that have been corrected in Bidayat al-Mubtadi (the matn, bold text of al-Hidayah)
- Bidayat al-Mubtadi is based on Quduri but has 25% more text as it includes those rulings that were missed in Quduri
- Bidayat al-Mubtadi states the rulings in a more comprehensive way so that the rule is clearly understood
- Bidayat al-Mubtadi is organised in a better way
- Bidayat al-Mubtadi has a commentary written by the author himself. This commentary is called the Hidayah. This is not the case with al-Quduri
Al-Mustasfa min 'ilm al-usul. (On Legal theory of Muslim Jurisprudence) - (المستصفى من علم الأصول)
By Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazali (450-505 AH)
A celebrated work of al-Ghazali on Usul al-Fiqh is considered one of four works that all isul work revolve around and they are: 1. The mu`tazalite `Abd al-Jabar (d. 415) al-Qadi's al-`umad; 2. abu al-Husain (d. 473) al-Basri's al-mu`tamad (commentary on al-`umad); 3. al-Imam al-Harmian abu al-Ma`ali (d. 478) Juywani's al-Burhan and 4. this book.
- Bulaq Edition in two volumes reprinted in Beirut: Volume 1, 2 (pdf)
- Recent edited edition in 4 volumes, edited by H. Z. Hafiz, Jeddah, n.d.: (pdf)
- al-Mustasfa min 'ilm al-isul. (Arabic link), a 'complete' text edition (Arabic word) Seems to have the printed text's page numbers. (zipped)
- Vol. 1 was translated in: ABU HAMID AL-GHAZALI'S JURISTIC DOCTRINE IN 'AL-MUSTASFA MIN 'ILM AL-USUL' WITH A TRANSLATION OF VOLUME ONE OF 'AL-MUSTASFA MIN 'ILM AL-USUL'. HAMMAD, AHMAD ZAKI, PHD. THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, 1987. (T-30177) (part-1-PDF) is a study of al-Ghazali's contribution to Usul one of the first in the English language. (part 2: translation of volume 1-PDF).
Durr al-Mukhtar Sharah Tanweer al-Absar (scanned by google books), authored by Muhammad Ala-ud-din Haskafi, a treatise on Hanafi Fiqh
یورپی ممالک میں بعض مخصوص شرعی مسائل کے لئے فتاویٰ اہلسنت والجماعت حنفی
عمدة الفقه في المذهب الحنبلي الامام ابن قدامه
Author: Imam Ibn Qudamah
تعليم النساء، مصنف مولانا محمد قاسم گبول طاهري نقشبندي
Author: Mawlana Muhammad Qasim Gabol Tahiri Naqshbandi
A great book about the Fiqh matters of women, writing in simple Sindhi language.
Nur al-Idah (Hanafi Fiqh) نور الايضاح
Nur al-Idah is a Hanafi text which includes vast areas of jurisprudence, namely, the rulings pertaining to worship. It leaves the student or general reader well prepared to deal with the majority of matters ranging from purification, prayer, funerals, zakat to hajj. It reveals in a small way as to why the Hanafi Madhhab is held in such high esteem from scholars all over the world.